|1 cup of green cabbage, shredded|
|1 cup red cabbage shredded|
|1 red pepper, cut into thin strips|
|juice of 4 limes|
|1 cup fresh guacamole|
|1 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed|
|2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp cumin|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2-3 tbs vegetable oil|
|Fresh cilantro for garnish|
|8 flour tortillas|
|Mexican hard white cheese for garnish|
These delicious shrimp tacos are topped with a cabbage salsa which is spiced with chilies, garlic, cumin and cilantro
- Peel and devein the shrimp and add go a glass bowl.
- Add the garlic, cumin, then season with salt and pepper, mix well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the shredded cabbages, red pepper strips and jalapenos to another bowl.
- Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using medium high heat add the oil to a large frying pan, then add the shrimp and saute, turning frequently until cooked through, About 3-4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the tacos add a table spoon of the guacamole on each warmed flour tortilla, then shrimp and top with the cabbage salsa.
- Garnish each taco some hard Mexican white cheese and a few sprigs of cilantro.