- 1/2 lb each of spinach, collards and kale
- 1/2 lb each of spinach, collards and kale 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- kosher salt and back pepper to taste
These mixed greens are a combination of spinach, kale and collards flavored with garlic and olive oil.
- Remove the tough stems from the greens.
- Add the greens to a large pot with a tight fitting lid along with a little water.
- Wilt them over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, adding a little more water if necessary.
- The leaves should be just wilted.
- In a large saute pan, gently heat the olive oil over medium low heat.
- Crush the garlic through a press or mince it and add to the pan.
- Gently saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Drain the greens and add them to the pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature.