Roasted Bell Peppers with Garlic
|6 bell peppers (2 red, 2 green and 2 yellow or orange)|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|6-8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|12 fresh basil leaves|
|1/2 tbs oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
These delicious peppers are great to serve with crusty bread and cheese or as a wonderful addition to salads.
- Roast, peel and seed the peppers.
- Cut them into sixths lengthwise.
- Drizzle a little oil in the bottom of a glass baking dish, then arrange about one-third of the peppers in the dish, scatter about one- third of the garlic and half the herbs over them.
- Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a little more oil.
- Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for about 4 hours.
- Serve at room temperature.