Sea Urchin and Lardo Appetizer
- 12 sea urchin lobes. available at Asian Markets or on line
- 12 thin slices of lardo, available at the better butcher shops
- 12 (1/2 inch) slices of French baguette
This is an appetizer that was developed by the much celebrated chef Michael White of Marea in NYC. It is super simple but absolutely delicious.
- Place a lobe of sea urchin on each baguette slice, then top with a slice of lardo.
- Place them on a baking sheet and broil them for about 3 minutes or until the lardo begins to slightly melt.