- 1 lb wild salmon filet
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbs cracked black pepper
- 1 oz fresh chopped dill
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp brandy
- In a medium bowl, combine the salt, brown sugar, pepper and dill.
- In a second bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil and brandy.
- Baste the salmon with the dry mixture, making it sure to cover it fully, and wrap it in cheese cloth.
- Place in a non reactive dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Pace another pie plate or pan on top and weigh it down with canned goods.
- This makes sure the spice is making good contact with the filet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Remove the cheese cloth and scrape the dry ingredients from the salmon.
- Place on a platter and thinly slice on the bias, discarding the skin.
- Serve with bagels and cream cheese.