Charcoal Grilled Bananas Foster
|3 medium ripe bananas|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/4 cup brown sugar, packed|
|2 tsp rum extract or 1 tbs of dark rum|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|vanilla ice cream|
- Tear off a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise, then cross wise.
- Place bananas in the center of the foil sheet, then dot with butter, sprinkle with brown sugar, rum and cinnamon.
- Wrap the bananas by bringing the for corners of the foil up together in a pyramid shape.
- Fold the openings together loosely to allow for heat circulation and expansion.
- Seal by folding over ends and pressing to the package.
- Grill over medium hot charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bananas are tender and glazed.
- To serve add ice cream to serving dishes and spoon the banana mixture along with any sauce.