Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes for a Crowd
|24 lbs crab meat|
|6 sticks butter|
|3 cups chopped onion|
|6 cups bread crumbs|
|2 dozen eggs, beaten|
|1/4 cup dry mustard|
|1/2 cup old bay seasoning|
|6 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tbs black pepper|
|1 lb flour for dredging|
|peanut oil for frying|
This is a recipe that will serve a crowd of 50. It may be reduced or increased as desired.
- Melt butter, add onions and cook until tender and lightly browned.
- Mix crab meat, onions, bread crumbs, eggs and seasonings.
- Form into small cakes and roll in flour, knocking off excess.
- Fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry the crab cakes in the oil in batches until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serves 50. 2 (5 oz) crab cakes each.