Chesapeake Bay Vegetable Crab Soup
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 large rib celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 6-8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup Lima beans
- 1 tbs old bay seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 lbs lump crab meat
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the vegetable into a large stock pot.
- Add the leek, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, green beans and tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn and Lima beans and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Season with old bay, salt and pepper, then add the crab meat.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, then serve.
- Serves 6-8.