Chesapeake Bay Vegetable Crab Soup
|2 quarts vegetable stock|
|1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced|
|1 large rib celery, chopped|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces|
|2 medium potatoes, cut into small pieces|
|1/2 cup chopped cabbage|
|1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths|
|6-8 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1 cup corn kernels|
|1 cup Lima beans|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed|
|2 lbs lump crab meat|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Pour the vegetable into a large stock pot.
- Add the leek, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, green beans and tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn and Lima beans and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Season with old bay, salt and pepper, then add the crab meat.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, then serve.
- Serves 6-8.