- 5-6 lb chuck roast
- 1 (5 oz) bottle soy sauce
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water or beef stock
This is a wonderful to prepare a chuck roast. The charcoal and wood smoke flavor really elevate the taste and tenderness.
- Add all ingredients, except for the roast to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the roast and marinate overnight, turning several times.
- Start a charcoal fire and add some wood chunks that have been soaked in water.
- Place the roast on the grill, cover and cook for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- The roast will be rare after about 1 hour of cooking.
- Cook roast to desired doneness, brushing with the reserved marinade along the way.