Grilled Chuck Roast
|5-6 lb chuck roast|
|1 (5 oz) bottle soy sauce|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup bourbon|
|1 and 1/2 cups of water or beef stock|
This is a wonderful to prepare a chuck roast. The charcoal and wood smoke flavor really elevate the taste and tenderness.
- Add all ingredients, except for the roast to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the roast and marinate overnight, turning several times.
- Start a charcoal fire and add some wood chunks that have been soaked in water.
- Place the roast on the grill, cover and cook for about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- The roast will be rare after about 1 hour of cooking.
- Cook roast to desired doneness, brushing with the reserved marinade along the way.