Sirloin Steak with Parmesan Grilled Vegetables
|1 lb sirloin steak, trimmed|
|1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into quarters|
|1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut lengthwise into quarters|
|1 yellow or green squash sliced into 2 inch rounds|
|1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices|
|2 tbs crushed garlic|
|4 tsp dried basil leaves|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, basil, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Remove approximately 1/2 of the mix and press into both sides of the steaks.
- Add the cheese, oil and vinegar to the remaining seasoning and mix well. Set aside.
- Place the steaks on the grill and arrange the vegetables around steaks.
- Grill steaks, uncovered for about 10 minutes per side for medium rare, depending on the thickness of the steaks.
- Grill onions, peppers for about 10-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush the vegetables with the reserved cheese mixture during the last 10 minutes of grilling.