Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
|3 cups tomato juice|
|1/2 red onion, chopped|
|2 large red bell peppers, chopped|
|1 cup chopped roasted red peppers|
|1/2 cup chopped red onion|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1-2 tsp smoked paprika|
|1 and 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar|
|3 plum tomatoes, chopped|
|kosher salt to taste|
|Smoked almonds, chopped for garnish|
|fresh basil leaves for garnish|
- Soak the red onions in water for about 5 minutes, then drain.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the almonds to a blender of food processor.
- Process until very smooth.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with almonds and fresh basil.
- Serve cold.