- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 and 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- Smoked almonds, chopped for garnish
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Soak the red onions in water for about 5 minutes, then drain.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the almonds to a blender of food processor.
- Process until very smooth.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with almonds and fresh basil.