Blue Crab Stuffed Potatoes
|4 large baking potatoes|
|3/4 cup half and half|
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|2 tsp old bay seasoning|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 beaten egg whites|
|3/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded, divided|
|Orange or yellow bell pepper for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes, then bake for about 1 hour until done.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out potato leaving the shells in tact.
- In a large mixing bowl add the potato flesh and half and half, sour cream, and mayonnaise and mash well.
- Add in the green pepper and mix.
- Gently scoop in the crab meat taking care not to break up the lumps and mix well
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy and stir into the crab mixture, then mix in the grated cheese.
- Fill the empty potato shells evenly with the crab mixture and garnish with a pepper ring.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet, reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes until cheese has melted and browned.