Roasted Curried Cauliflower
|12 cups cauliflower florets, from about 2 heads cauliflower|
|1 large onion, peeled, quartered and separated into pieces|
|1 tsp whole coriander seeds|
|1 tsp whole cumin seeds|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup red wine vinegar|
|4 tsp curry powder, sweet or hot|
|1 tbs smoked paprika|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|flat leaf parsley for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a large rimed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower and onion pieces.
- In a small non stick skillet over medium heat, cook the coriander and cumin until slightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then crush the seeds with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon.
- Place in a medium bowl, then add the olive oil, vinegar, curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine and pour over the cauliflower and toss to coat well.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees until tender and slightly browned. About 30-35 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the cauliflower from drying out.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.