Tofu with Snap Peas Mushrooms and Oyster Sauce
|1 firm tofu cake|
|8-12 Chinese dried mushrooms, soaked for 1 hour, then drained|
|1 small onion, cut into wedges|
|2 tbs peanut or vegetable oil|
|2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 tsp brown sugar|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tbs oyster sauce|
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch by 1/2 inch pieces
- Drain and slice the mushrooms, then cut the snap peas on the diagonal.
- Cut the onion into 8 wedges.
- Add a little oil to a hot wok or frying pan, then add the tofu and lightly brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove the tofu from the pan.
- Add a little more oil, then add the onion, garlic and snap peas.
- Saute for several minutes then add the mushrooms and snap peas.
- Add the brown sugar, sherry, soy sauce and oyster sauce and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Serve with rice.