Japanese Tuna Salad
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
- dash of white pepper
- 1 sheet of nori (Japanese seaweed) toasted and sliced into thin ribbons.
- Lettuce cups and rice crackers for serving.
This is a fresh salad that uses raw sushi grade tuna and explosive Asian flavors.
- Cut the tuna into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Mix the wasabi powder with the soy sauce, then pour over the tuna and gently mix well.
- Add the garlic, scallions and white pepper and mix again.
- Garnish with nori ribbons and serve in lettuce cups and on rice crackers.