Shrimp in Oyster Sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 5 sticks fresh ginger cut into matchstick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs fermented black beans, rinsed and drained
- Peanut or vegetable oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in 2 tbs soy sauce, 2 tbs sherry and a bit of grated ginger for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tbs of oil. When the pan is hot add the garlic and ginger sticks.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute, then add the drained marinated shrimp and stir fry until they turn pink.
- Add the scallions and water chestnuts and stir fry for another 30 seconds, then add the oyster sauce and fermented black beans and toss to combine.
- Serve with white rice.