7 Up Pound Cake
|1 1/2 cups butter, softened|
|3 cups sugar|
|5 large eggs|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|3 cups ap flour|
|3/4 cup 7UP|
|for the glaze|
|1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1-2 tbs 7 UP|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted or plain tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in lemon juice and vanilla, then add flour alternately with 7 UP, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to pan, then bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, in a bowl, mix sugar, lemon juice and enough 7UP to reach desired consistency, then drizzle over cake.
This cake turn Out Beautiful!!! I never use AP flour in my cakes, only cake flour. But this recipe is A KEEPER FOR LIFE!!
We are so glad you enjoyed it!