- 4 large oranges
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz) pineapple chunks with syrup
- 2 tbs Cointreau, white rum or orange juice
- 4 medium bananas
- 4 tbs confectioners sugar
- 3 1/2 oz flaked coconut
- Peel the oranges and remove the white membrane.
- Cut the oranges crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Drain the pineapple, saving syrup.
- Combine the syrup with the Cointreau and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and cut diagonally into 1/8 inch slices.
- In an attractive serving bowl, layer half of the orange slices and sprinkle with 2 tbs of sugar.
- Layer half of the banana slices and half of the pineapple chunk and sprinkle with half the coconut.
- Repeat layers of fruit and sugar.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the fruit, then sprinkle the remaining coconut.
- Top with pineapple chunks.
- Refrigerate for several hours until well chilled.