|4 large oranges|
|1 can (13 1/2 oz) pineapple chunks with syrup|
|2 tbs Cointreau, white rum or orange juice|
|4 medium bananas|
|4 tbs confectioners sugar|
|3 1/2 oz flaked coconut|
- Peel the oranges and remove the white membrane.
- Cut the oranges crosswise into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Drain the pineapple, saving syrup.
- Combine the syrup with the Cointreau and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and cut diagonally into 1/8 inch slices.
- In an attractive serving bowl, layer half of the orange slices and sprinkle with 2 tbs of sugar.
- Layer half of the banana slices and half of the pineapple chunk and sprinkle with half the coconut.
- Repeat layers of fruit and sugar.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the fruit, then sprinkle the remaining coconut.
- Top with pineapple chunks.
- Refrigerate for several hours until well chilled.