Batter Fried Scallops
- 1 lb fresh scallops, rinsed, drained and dried
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Rinse and dry the scallops well.
- In a sauce pan or deep fryer fill 1/3 with vegetable oil and heat to 365 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat together milk and egg, then beat in flour, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce, Stir until smooth.
- Dip scallops in batter, draining off excess.
- Fry scallops at 365 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce.