Batter Fried Scallops
|1 lb fresh scallops, rinsed, drained and dried|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/2 cup flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Dash of Tabasco sauce|
- Rinse and dry the scallops well.
- In a sauce pan or deep fryer fill 1/3 with vegetable oil and heat to 365 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat together milk and egg, then beat in flour, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce, Stir until smooth.
- Dip scallops in batter, draining off excess.
- Fry scallops at 365 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce.