|1/2 cup butter, room temperature|
|1 and 1/4 cup sugar|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 cups all purpose flour divided|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|2 cups blueberries divided|
|2 tbs of sugar in the the raw for topping|
Delicious, pretty and easy to make. These muffins are the perfect breakfast for the family on the go. Use double size muffin cups to make extra large muffins.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Blend in the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
- Place 1/4 cup of the whole blueberries on a plate and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Scrape the mashed blueberries into the bowl and blend well.
- Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternately to the batter. When the batter is smooth, stir in the remaining blueberries.
- Insert paper muffin cups into the two 12 cup muffin tins (6 for extra large muffins). spray the surface of the pan with cooking spray so if any of the muffins overflow they won’t stick.
- Fill the cups 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle generously with raw sugar.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.