Charcoal Grilled Octopus
|1 lb octopus legs|
|2 qts water|
|2 large bay leafs|
|1 small onion, quatered|
|1 whole head garlic, halved|
|1 orange, quartered|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
Octopus is delicious, however, it can be very tough if not cooked correctly. This recipe simmers the octopus in water, along with orange sections, garlic, onion and bay leaf. It is simmered for 45 minutes until tender. It is then grilled over hot charcoal.
- Bring water to a boil then add all ingredients except for the octopus.
- Using medium heat let simmer for 15 minutes, then add the octopus.
- Let octopus gently simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove octopus, then grill over hot charcoal, turning frequently, until you get a slight char.
- Serve sliced, drizzled with olive oil and coarse salt.