- 20 mid size fresh button mushrooms
- olive oil for brushing
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp fresh marjoram or 1 tsp dried
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Here is a great recipe for entertaining prior to serving a big meal. Savory and delicious with every bite. This recipe uses marjoram, which is a member of the mint family. It is similar to-but lighter in taste than oregano.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms down to center of mushroom being careful not to break through to the meat. You will have a hollow space that will allow you to stuff the mushroom. Set aside
- In a saute pan melt butter and saute mushroom stems, stiring until juices have cooked down, about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and Cook about 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon spinach mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes.