Cheesy Creamed Corn
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tsp garlic, minced|
|1 tsp fresh or dried sage, fresh leaves for garnish|
|1 1/2 (8oz) package cream cheese, cubed|
|1 cup milk|
|2 (16 oz) packages frozen corn, thawed|
|3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 tbs fresh chives, chopped|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter on medium-low.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream cheese and cook until meted, stirring often.
- Whisk in the milk until combined and smooth.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the corn and 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbling.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sage leaves and chopped chives.