Chesapeake Bay Oyster Pan Roast
|3 dozen Chesapeake bay select oysters|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 large shallot, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup oyster liquor or 1 bottle clam juice|
|3 tbs chili sauce|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|Tabasco sauce, optional|
- Melt 2 tbs of the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the shallot and garlic and saute for 5-8 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the wine and increase the heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes or until wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in the clam juice or oyster liquor, and cook until the mixture begins to bubble and reduces slightly.
- Add the chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and cream and stir well to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oysters and stir to coat, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme, and the remaining tbs of butter, mix to combine well.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with crusty baguette slices.