Coconut Chili Lime Marinated Seafood Cocktail
|3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3/4 lb crab meat, bay scallops, or calamari|
|2 cans unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 large red onion, diced|
|juice of 3 limes|
|2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|2 tbs honey|
|1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 Serrano or jalapeno chillies, seeded and chopped|
- Whisk together the coconut milk, onion, chili peppers, honey and lime juice.
- Fold in the seafood and cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, fold in the avocado and cilantro.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon and place seafood in lettuce or red cabbage cups.
- You may alternatively serve salad in lettuce lined martini cups.