Coconut Chili Lime Marinated Seafood Cocktail
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb crab meat, bay scallops, or calamari
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large red onion, diced
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Serrano or jalapeno chillies, seeded and chopped
- Whisk together the coconut milk, onion, chili peppers, honey and lime juice.
- Fold in the seafood and cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, fold in the avocado and cilantro.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon and place seafood in lettuce or red cabbage cups.
- You may alternatively serve salad in lettuce lined martini cups.