Chopped Chicken Liver
- 2 tbs butter or chicken fat
- 2 lbs chicken livers
- 3 large onions chopped
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Melt the butter or chicken fat and saute the chicken livers for about 20 minutes, turning once.
- When cooled, chop finely.
- Saute the onions in oil.
- Combine the chopped liver, onions and chopped egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika, and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped egg and parsley.
- Serve with crackers or small bread rounds.
- If desired you may add the mixture to a food processor and pulse until well combined.