Chopped Chicken Liver
|2 tbs butter or chicken fat|
|2 lbs chicken livers|
|3 large onions chopped|
|2 tsp canola oil|
|6 hard boiled eggs, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Parsley for garnish|
- Melt the butter or chicken fat and saute the chicken livers for about 20 minutes, turning once.
- When cooled, chop finely.
- Saute the onions in oil.
- Combine the chopped liver, onions and chopped egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika, and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped egg and parsley.
- Serve with crackers or small bread rounds.
- If desired you may add the mixture to a food processor and pulse until well combined.