Corn and Crab Fritters
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|8 tbs butter|
|1 cup corn kernels|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup sour cream|
|3 scallions, chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced|
|1 lb lump crab met|
|1 cup cornmels|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 and 1/2 tbs baking powder|
|1 tbs sugar|
|4 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
- In a sauce pan heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the corn, eggs, sour cream, green onions,and jalapeno, mix well, then fold in the crab meat mixture and gently combine well.
- In another bowl, mix together the cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the crab meat mixture until well combined.
- Wet your hands and form small balls of the fritter mixture.
- Drop a few at a time into the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes, turning, until the fritters are brown on all sides.
- Transfer to a wire rack or paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt while hot.
Tried it. It is great recipe.
Thank you. We glad you enjoyed it.