Cream of Garlic and Ham Soup
|3/4 lb lean ham, cubed in 1/4 inch pieces|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|10 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|1 cup half and half|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish|
- Combine onion, garlic and potatoes in a sauce pan.
- Add butter and oil, then saute using medium heat until onions and potatoes are tender.
- Place in a large stock pot with chicken broth and cook for one hour.
- Spoon broth mixture, a little at a time, into blender and puree, repeat.
- Add the puree to a stock pot, then add the cubed ham, whipping cream and half and half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Garnish with parsley.