Crock Pot Barbecued Tri Tip Sandwich
|1 lb tri-tip steak|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup beer|
|1 cup barbecue sauce|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/8 cup molasses|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1-2 cups water|
|Brioche rolls for serving|
Cooking this tri-tip in a crock pot for hours makes it melting tender and delicious.
- Set crock pot to 325 degrees.
- Combine the onion with beer, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and molasses.
- Add the whole tri- tip, salt, pepper and 1 cup of water.
- Let cook in the crock pot for 4-6 hours. Add remaining water if desired.
- If cooking on a stove top, cook over low heat for 4 hours, then increase to medium heat for the last 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- As the meat becomes tender, shred with a fork and continue cooking.
- Serve on rolls with a little of the remaining sauce poured over.