Cuban Sweet Rum Shrimp
|Canola oil for frying|
|1 cup of flour|
|1 tbs salt|
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tsp honey|
|1 tbs dark rum|
|parsley for garnish|
This recipe marries shrimp with honey and rum and is absolutely delicious. Adapted from A Taste of Cuba by Linette Creen. Serves 4.
- Fill a sauce pan with 2 inches of oil over medium heat.
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and dredge shrimp until thoroughly coated.
- Fry shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a clean sauce pan using very low heat, place the mayonnaise, honey and rum and stir until the mixture is just warm.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and toss until well coated.
- Let excess sauce drain from the shrimp and place them on a platter and serve.