Deep Fried Potato Wedges with Rosemary and Thyme
|2 baking potatoes, cut into 6 wedges each|
|1 tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|vegetable oil for deep frying|
- Add potato wedges to salted water and refrigerate covered for 2-4 hours.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Place potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 225 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer of large sauce pan to 365 degrees.
- Fry potato wedges for 5 minutes in batches until golden and crispy.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper, then toss with fresh rosemary and thyme.