Deep Fried Potato Wedges with Rosemary and Thyme
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 6 wedges each
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Add potato wedges to salted water and refrigerate covered for 2-4 hours.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Place potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 225 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer of large sauce pan to 365 degrees.
- Fry potato wedges for 5 minutes in batches until golden and crispy.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper, then toss with fresh rosemary and thyme.