Greek Style Braised Octopus
|1 large octopus, head removed|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 (24) oz can of tomato sauce|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 orange, sliced|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 lb baby potatoes, optional|
- Add the octopus to boiling water and cook for 1/2 hour at a simmer.
- Remove octopus from water and set aside.
- In another stock pot add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, and onions and saute until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and orange slices along with the octopus and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- If desired you can add baby potatoes to the braise.