Grilled Halibut Veracruz
|4 halibut fillets (6 oz) each|
|3 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 tbs paprika|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste (about 1 tbs combined)|
|For the Veracruz sauce|
|1/4 cup canned green chilies, chopped|
|1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, sliced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|4 small plum tomato, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp ground cloves|
|1/2 tsp brown sugar|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
- Place the fillets on a flat surface.
- Mix together the oil, paprika and pepper and spread the mixture over both sides of each fillet.
- To prepare the Veracruz sauce, saute the green chilies and olives in oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the onion, tomatoes and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly oil the grill, add the halibut fillets and grill over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn and grill for 5 minutes more.
- Pour Veracruz sauce over the fillets and serve.