Homemade Parmesan Olive Bread
|1 1/3 cups warm water|
|1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active yeast|
|3 cups bread flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|3/4 cup kalamata olives|
|1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese|
- Combine warm water and yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer and let sit for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add the flour and salt, then knead with the dough hook for 10 minutes. Dough should be smooth and slightly sticky.
- Remove dough from bowl and pat into a rectangle, about 12 x 8 inches.
- Spread chopped olives evenly over the dough, pressing them in with your fingers, then sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the olives.
- Roll dough up jelly roll style into a log, then shape log into a spiral.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and let rise, covered for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and reshape into a ball.
- Return to the bowl and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and gently shape into round loaf.
- Place on top of parchment paper on a flat surface and cover loosely with a dish towel and let rise for another 30-45 minutes or until a fingerprint springs back slowly.
- Heat the oven and baking stone to 425 degrees.
- Slide parchment paper and dough onto stone and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking for another 25-35 minutes or until the bread is brown and sounds hollow when tapped on bottom.
- Cool completely before slicing.