Homemade Whole Grain Mustard
|3/4 cup black mustard seed|
|1 1/2 cup yellow mustard seed|
|1 1/2 tsp chili flakes|
|3 garlic cloves, whole|
|1 tsp caraway|
|1 1/2 tbs black peppercorn|
|1 1/2 tbs white peppercorn|
|1 quart apple cider vinegar|
|1 1/2 quarts water|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|3 tbs kosher salt|
|1 cup white wine|
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place equal amounts of the mixture in quart size mason jars, then place the lid and ring on and tighten.
- Allow the mustard to sit at room temperature for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- When the mustard is ready, add to a blender or food processor and puree to desired consistency.
- Mustard can be refrigerated at this point for up to 1 month.