King Crab Legs in Spicy Butter Garlic Wine Sauce
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|2 shallots, minced|
|1 large bay leaf|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1-2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2-3 large cloves garlic, finely minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Using a small kitchen knife or sizzors cut a strip along the length of each crab leg.
- To prepare the sauce add the butter to a small sauce pan and using medium heat saute the shallots, bay leaf and garlic for about 3 minutes, taking care not to burn.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice and cayenne pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with a little salt and pepper
- Place the crab legs on a foil lined cookie sheet and spoon some of the sauce over each leg.
- Place the baking sheet under a hot broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes or until just heated.
- serve with more sauce on the side.
- Makes about 4 servings.