Manchego Serrano and Potato Omelette
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 large potato, finely chopped or grated
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Serrano ham, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced on a bias for garnish
- In a frying pan, heat oil over low heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the potato and onion and cook until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add half the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese and chopped ham to the remaining eggs, then add the mixture to the frying pan.
- Allow the omelette to turn golden brown on the bottom, then turn it over.
- This is easy to do if you are using an omelette pan. If not place a plate on top of the omelette, turn it onto the plate, then return the omelette to the pan.
- Cook until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.