Manchego Serrano and Potato Omelette
|4 tbs olive oil
|1 large potato, finely chopped or grated
|1 medium onion, minced
|4 eggs, beaten
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste
|1/2 cup Manchego cheese, grated
|1/4 cup Serrano ham, chopped
|2 scallions, sliced on a bias for garnish
- In a frying pan, heat oil over low heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the potato and onion and cook until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add half the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese and chopped ham to the remaining eggs, then add the mixture to the frying pan.
- Allow the omelette to turn golden brown on the bottom, then turn it over.
- This is easy to do if you are using an omelette pan. If not place a plate on top of the omelette, turn it onto the plate, then return the omelette to the pan.
- Cook until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.