Melt in Your Mouth Meatloaf
|2 lbs ground beef or turkey or meats of your choice|
|3/4 cup milk|
|3 cups 1/2 inch bread cubes, white or multigrain|
|1/2 cup onion, finely minced|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbs granulated garlic|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2/3 cup ketchup|
|3 tbs brown sugar|
The key to a juicy melt in your mouth meatloaf is to use a “panade”, which is bread cubes mixed with milk and eggs, then added to the meat and combined. This will give you a soft texture that still has the right amount of bite. You may use beef, turkey, pork, veal or a combination of meats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
- Add the bread cubes, mix and let soak for a few minutes. (You can also use Ritz Crackers)
- Add the meat, onion, garlic powder, parsley, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and form into a single loaf and place evenly in a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and brown sugar.
- Top the meat with the sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Hey, there’s no cook time indicted..just says to top with the sauce during last 10 minutes…and I just put it in the oven, ughhh
Glad you enjoyed it.
This is the tastiest meatloaf I’ve ever had. I give it 10 out of 10
I am having to cook for much longer than 20 minutes. I will not give this recipe a thumbs down, but all the same, my ground beef was still pink after 20 minutes.
Recipes are a basic blue print. As you are cooking adjust based on what you are seeing and taste. Improvise adapt and overcome
This is really good! I made individual meatloaves. Loved the recipe.
So glad you enjoyed it! Follow us on Instagram @foodsogoodmall or join our Facebook page. Happy Friday!