Pickled Red Onions
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 green jalapeno, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup white vingear
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- Add all ingredients, except for the onions to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the onion slices.
- Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a canning jar and chill for 2-4 hours before using.
- These onions are great to top tacos.