Poached Salmon with Mango Mint Sauce
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 1/2 cups dry white wine|
|1 onion, sliced|
|5-6 parsley sprigs|
|1 thyme sprig|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|3 lbs wild salmon, center cut|
|1 cucumber, thinly sliced|
|mango slices and salad greens|
|For the sauce|
|1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar|
|8 fresh mint leaves, shredded|
|extra mint leaves for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring water and wine, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a non metallic baking dish large enough to hold the fish.
- Place fish on a rack in dish, cover with foil and bake, basting every 15 minutes, for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the sauce, cut fresh mango and place in a food processor and process, gradually adding oil, then vinegar and mint leaves and process until smooth and thick.
- Carefully lift fish from liquid and remove skin.
- Place fish on a serving dish, garnish with cucumber slices, mint leaves and serve with mango slices, salad greens and sauce.