Asparagus Artichoke Salad with Crispy Greens
- 1 heat curly endive, torn into pieces
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
- 12 asparagus spears, tough ends broken off, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 12 canned artichoke hearts, halved
- 4 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs capers, drained
- Arrange endive and radicchio leaves on a large platter.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute, then refresh under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Arrange asparagus, artichoke halves, carrots and hard boiled eggs on lettuce.
- Whisk oil and vinegar in a bowl, stir in capers and add to salad. Toss well.