Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
|7 medium unpeeled cucumbers, thinly sliced|
|1 tbs pickling or kosher salt|
|2 cups onions, thinly sliced|
|1 green pepper, chopped|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 tbs celery seed|
|1 tbs mustard seed|
|1 cup vinegar|
- In a large bowl, mix cucumbers and salt. Let stand for 1/2 hour, then drain well.
- Stir in onions and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then pour syrup over cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Store in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cucumber pickles will keep for up to 3 months refrigerated.