Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- 7 medium unpeeled cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs pickling or kosher salt
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs celery seed
- 1 tbs mustard seed
- 1 cup vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix cucumbers and salt. Let stand for 1/2 hour, then drain well.
- Stir in onions and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then pour syrup over cucumber mixture and mix well.
- Store in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cucumber pickles will keep for up to 3 months refrigerated.