Shrimp with Bacon and Red Bell Peppers
|1 lb medium shrimp, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced|
|1 large onion, diced|
|2 stalks celery, diced|
|1/2 large red bell pepper, diced|
|1/2 large orange bell pepper, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, diced|
|1 (14 oz) can tomatoes with liquid|
|1 (12 oz) can tomato juice|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|4 bay leaves|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until browned, but not too crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Using the same pan, saute the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until vegetables are almost soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, along with 2 cups of stock or water, the bay leaves, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Simmer for 3o minutes.
- Add the shrimp and bacon and cook for 4 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over rice.