Cream of Mushroom Soup
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1 cup onions, diced|
|1 1/2 lbs mushrooms, sliced|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|5 tbs flour|
|4 cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1-2 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried|
This creamy flavor filled soup is nothing like that stuff in the can.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and onions and saute for about 3-5 minutes until soft. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and lemon juice and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid. About 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour a little at a time, stirring to prevent lumps.
- Add the stock, cream and sherry and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and coo for another 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the fresh thyme.
- Serve warm with crusty bread and a salad.