Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 24 ginger snaps (2 inch)
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Using the pulsing action of a food processor to process gingersnaps and nuts until finely crushed, then press onto the bottom of a 6 inch spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an mixer until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, spice and vanilla, mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each, just until well blended, then pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until center s almost set.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan and cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.