Steamed Clams with Garlic and White Wine
|24 little neck clams, washed|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1/4 cup cornmeal|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced|
|1 hot chili, minced|
- Add the clams to a large bowl and cover them with water. Add the cornmeal and allow it to sit for several hours. This will purge any grit from the clams.
- In a large saute pan with a cover and the olive oil using medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the onions and the garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chili and tomato paste and mix well with a wooden spoon
- Add the white wine clams and parsley and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- All clams should be open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add the clams to a large bowl and pour the sauce over.
- Serve with crusty bread.