Spicy Cooked Tomato and Mint Salsa
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Saute the chili pepper for 1 minute in hot olive oil, then add garlic and shallots and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the mint, then stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over fish chicken or pork.