Oatmeal Raisin Maple Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups ap flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups old fashioned uncooked oats
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cups chopped nuts
These cookies are super simple to prepare. The flavors of oatmeal, raisins, maple and a touch of cinnamon are indescribably delicious. These cookies are sure to become a family favorite.
- Mix flour with baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Cream shortening. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and oats alternately with the syrup. Mix well
- Stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop with teaspoon onto un greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.If you prefer them crispier add several minutes to the cooking time.