Creamy Shrimp Cocktail with Sherry
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 4 tsp of tomato paste (we like Cento)
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
- Several dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Several dashes of sherry wine
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb of large peeled and cooked shrimp
- Butter lettuce leaves shredded
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Martini glasses for serving
Here is a wonderfully delicious twist on shrimp cocktail. The big difference is the super creamy cocktail sauce. This recipe can be made in about 10 minutes start to finish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cream, tomato paste, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and sherry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir gently to coat.
- Place the shredded butter lettuce in four glasses and top art fully with the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish each shrimp cocktail with lemon slices.