Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups chicken, diced (about 1 and 1/2 lbs of cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup elbow or shell macaroni,cook and drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 tbs red or green bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 tbs shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice from 1 lemon
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a twist on macaroni salad that uses juicy chicken breast.
- Place chicken, macaroni, eggs, celery, onion, bell pepper, cheese and carrot in a large bowl and toss lightly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, and mix well.
- Pour over chicken mixture and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.